Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the best dessert hands down.

Special Occasion Time! Jay and I had an anniversary of sorts to celebrate last week - and how do I celebrate? With Dessert.  No, that was not a typo... Capital 'D' Dessert.

We went to the Duck Club in Bodega Bay. (Some of you may know that I used to work at the hotel attached to this restaurant.) The food is spectacular. If you have some money to burn, and you want a really nice hoity-toity meal in a really cozy spot overlooking the ocean, I highly recommend it. When I worked there, regulars would call weeks in advance to grab a table by the windows so they could see the ocean... Pretty sweet, but I'll tell ya, the best place in the joint is right by the huge fireplace on the back wall. Its really quite special.

Jay and I did not have money to burn for a hoity-toity meal. So we went for Dessert.  Hands down,  best desserts in the area. I could live off this stuff.  Jeff's Mom's Chocolate Cake: Moist, dense, dark chocolate cake with a tangy cream cheese frosting. The kind that makes you want to shove your whole face in the plate and eat it like the kid on A Christmas Story.

don't worry, I refrained.
Man was it good. So, dear reader, as you've probably guessed: I'm on a mission. "Jeff's Mom's Chocolate Cake" will be recreated. Oh yes. It will.


....to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment