Friday, July 9, 2010

Hamburger Cupcakes


OK, not exactly gourmet... And I definitely did not come up with this recipe. But hey - it was Friday night, and I wanted a hamburger cupcake.

I saw this recipe (or creation, rather) from Bakerella (who is utterly amazing). They really are too cute to pass up. Here's the gist: brownie burger patty, sandwiched between a yellow cupcake bun, with frosting ketchup, mustard and lettuce. Um, yes please?


My analysis: Incredibly easy to make. I basically followed Bakerella's recipe exactly. Nothing exciting. Boxed yellow cake with buttermilk instead of water (try it - you'll never go back to water in your cupcakes), boxed brownie mix, and homemade butter-cream frosting. My friend ruth helped assemble them- they were really almost too adorable to eat.

The soft cake of the bun was such an amazing contrast to the fudgy burger patty. And the frosting squishes perfectly, like ketchup/mustard/mayo when you take a giant bite of the cupcake hamburger. Mmmmm!

However, they took for-ev-er to make. From start to finish, including cooling brownies and cake, the process took about 3 hours. I am excited to make this again, but not on a weeknight. This is a Sunday afternoon type of project.



1 comment:

  1. You are as adorable as these ridiculously cute cupcakes. I'm loving the blog Jenny, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete