Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ocean Spray Cranberry Recipe Competition

This is it folks! I'm going to win $10,000!

Ocean Spray Cranberry is holding their annual "Ultimate Cranberry Contest" recipe competition - and i'm going to enter. Heyo!

Who has two thumbs and is super excited? This girl!



Here's the official website: http://ultimatecranberrycontest.com/ You know, just in case you wanted more information....

But really, what you are super interested in (I hope you are, dear reader) is the mega awesome dessert recipe that I'm going to be developing. Ready for it? Green Tea and Cranberry Panna Cotta. Boom!

I've already made a preliminary attempt. (Sorry, no pictures of this one - forgot the camera)
The flavor was good. Could be more cranberry-y. The tartness didn't quite come through, and I think this is because i used the molded cranberry sauce. Too sweet.

Also, I accidentally used twice as much gelatin in the mix. oops! The result was a very thick panna cotta, not that creamy smooth heaven that it could be. Thats all for now! I'll be making it again this Sunday - and I'll be sure to take some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I think all of this is really fantastic, you're going to be a pastry chef?! Fantastic!! Best of luck with not getting fat;) I will be following your blog and drooling at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be your taste tester. Also, Can you take me to NYC if you win? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete