Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cake!

Cake = delicious.  I don't care who you are.  After a bad day, all I really want is cake. Well, ok, maybe wine and cake. (Kind of a dream team of stress-relief, no?)

More specifically, after a terrible no-good day, I really want to make a cake. There's something about the lengthy process of preparing, mixing, baking, making frosting, cooking syrup, assembling, frosting, and decorating that just erases the previous stresses of an adult life.  Its even more effective if you are drinking the aforementioned wine during the whole process... but, don't expect the decorating to go very well.

So, in honor of a crappy day (and my bestie's birthday, which is not at all crappy) I made a cake. It tasted good. It looked....like I had been drinking wine.


Vanilla genoise, vanilla bean pastry cream filling, burnt sugar frosting. 
Ta Da! Creme Brulee Cake!


And after piece of that, I'm starting to look forward to my next bad day.

...just kidding. That's really corny. But it did sound like a good conclusion sentence. 

1 comment:

  1. I have no shame in devouring the rest of the cake by self for a couple of breakfast's later on that wake. It was superb. (Ok, after re-reading that, I have a little shame.)

    ReplyDelete