Friday, August 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

drool.
Vanilla pound cake. Peanut butter frosting. Strawberry jam. Yup. It happened.

My first semester of Culinary Arts is essentially over. I have one class left on Monday, but we're just having a potluck...if that's our final, I know I'll pass. I'm good at eating food.   I will now have time to blog about all the yummy things that have come out of my kitchen.  Well, at least for the next week...  because in a week and a half, I start phase two of the culinary arts program, a.k.a. "the fun stuff." 18 hours a week of "Intro to Baking and Pastry." Ohmygod-I-can't-wait.  Although I doubt we will cover anything as sophisticated as the cakewich. ...just sayin'.



If you are looking for a ridiculously fluffy but still insanely peanut-buttery frosting, look no further. I have found it for you. 

From All Recipes (but changed a bit) :

1 stick butter at room temperature
1cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Beat butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer (or hand mixer) for about 2 minutes. Add milk and beat until fully incorporated. Add powdered sugar a half cup at a time and mix until fluffy.

It should be noted that I had a ton of frosting left over. The cakewich really didn't need all that much. So, if you're making the frosting for a cakewich, you might want to cut the recipe in half - However, there's nothing really wrong with having leftovers. Who wants cupcakes??

No comments:

Post a Comment