Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm taking requests.

Week one of Intro to Baking and Pastry done! Heyo!

No pictures. Sorry. I totally blew it. But how about I describe them for you?

1. 9 inch Pate Sucree tart shell, cooked to a golden brown, filled with frangipane and poached pears, and drizzled with dark chocolate.

2. 6 inch Pasta Frolla shell filled with vanilla pastry cream and topped with fresh peaches and blueberries and a dollop of rosemary chantilly.

3. 1 inch tartelettes with a honey mascarpone cream and adorned with fresh blackberries.

Yup. I was a busy girl.  I think one of the hardest things about this class is deciding what to make.... and the tasting. It sounds like heaven, but I assure you, tasting all of that plus the 3-5 things all of your teammates make is not a walk in the park. After roughly 20 bites of tarts, I was about ready to pop.  I'm pretty sure I was sweating sugar by the end of class. So, subsequently, I wanted nothing to do with all of the tasty treats I brought home.

Here's where you come in. Do you have something you absolutely want me to make? If you do, and you are available on Friday afternoons for receiving treats (Oh, and you don't mind a piece or two missing), then let me know.  This week is galettes.  Start brainstorming.

1 comment: